[nsp] multichassis multilink PPP

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Oct 24 03:19:22 EDT 2003

I know for sure that MLPPP works for serial lines as well.

Example of a working config:

interface Multilink1
 ip address (...)
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 load-interval 30
 ntp broadcast
 ppp multilink
 multilink-group 1
end

interface Serial0/1:0
 no ip address
 encapsulation ppp
 load-interval 30
 ppp multilink
 multilink-group 1
end

interface Serial1/2:0
 no ip address
 encapsulation ppp
 load-interval 30
 ppp multilink
 multilink-group 1
end

pedro#sh ppp multilink

Multilink1, bundle name is Router
  Bundle up for 3d14h
  4275 lost fragments, 2333502 reordered, 0 unassigned
  1946 discarded, 61 lost received, 15/255 load
  0xBA73FA received sequence, 0xA36101 sent sequence
  Member links: 2 active, 0 inactive (max not set, min not set)
    Serial0/1:0, since 3d14h, last rcvd seq BA73F8
    Serial1/2:0, since 2d19h, last rcvd seq BA73F9
pedro{brubas005r}#

But of course all links belonging to the bundle have to be between the
same two routers: the MLPPP negotiation checks the name of the remote
router; if it does not match, it will refuse to attach the additional
link to the bundle (as it happened to me a few days ago). There is a
'debug ppp multilink' command.

Cheers