[nsp] multichassis multilink PPP

Terry Baranski tbaranski at mail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:08:05 EDT 2003

>> I'm under the impression that MMPPP only works on access
>> servers rather than general-purpose routers.  Anyone know
>> for sure?
>
> It works on E1s too, but i havent good experiences with MPPP.
> You can use CEF per-packet load-balancing, but the packets
> may arrive out of order.
> MPPP use more CPU too.

The original poster asked about Multichassis MPPP, which seems to be
MPPP with the capability of terminating on multiple endpoints on the
access server side (e.g., one client dialed into 2 different access
servers).  He wants to have a single MMPPP bundle for 4 E1's between 4
routers (2 on each side), which I don't think is possible.

-Terry