[nsp] Cisco Flash FAQ?

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Tue Oct 28 13:27:51 EST 2003

Upgrading IOS images on a few routers and I have some flash related
questions that I can't seem to find in the Cisco site or google.

I'm currently working on 2 7206's and 2 3620's.
cisco 7206VXR (NPE300)
cisco 7206 (NPE200)
cisco 3620 (R4700) (x2)

I know there is some way the 7200's will support ATA flash. Can I use the
existing flash out of the 7200's in the 3620's? (assuming for the moment
that there aren't ATA flash cards in them)

What are the specifics I need to make the 7200's work with an ATA flash
card? (Certain ROM versions or 7200's?)

Thanks in advance for any help, pointers, or experience in this area.

Gerald