[nsp] DSL connections over vlan to 3640 drop routing

Dave [Hawk-Systems] dave at hawk-systems.com
Thu Oct 30 19:06:18 EST 2003

have a number of VLANs coming in from the bell boxes. users connect,
authentication being sent from the router to our RADUIS servers, user
authenticated and sent IP address, router assignes IP address, gateway, etc...
to the DSL user.  Works like a charm.

After a period of successfull internet surfing, the DSL user will stop being
able to access the internet.  From the router the user still shows as connected.
When the user experiences this "stoppage" and restarts their modem, we get a
"port error" disconnect notice from the RADIUS end of things rather than a
"User-Request"

I know I am not being specific, but before I posted logs somewhere, wanted to
know what people would want to see to see why this is happening.  No ryme or
reason from the client end (which is a test DSL station as we are still testing
this service prior to launch.

any thoughts comments appreciated.

Dave