[nsp] Service Provider IOS

Cisco NSP wg-cisco-nsp at wgustavus.com
Thu Sep 4 00:10:48 EDT 2003

James Galliford wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We're currently looking into migrating our 72xx and 75xx routers to
> Service Provider IOS and I was wondering if anyone has had any good luck
> with a certain version?  We've seen that 12.0(25)S1 seems to be an ok
> version but I have also heard some gripes about it.  The PAs that we run
> in most of the units are the following:
>
> ATM-OC3-MM
> ATM-OC12-MM
> FastE
> GigE
>

> The IOS would also have to support RFC-1483 connections, BGP, IS-IS and
> any other basic services of the such.
>
> Thanks in advance...

We have been looking at 12.0(21)S7 and it seems to be pretty stable for
the PAs and routing protocols listed above.   It does still have the BGP
bug w/ peer groups regarding setting the next-hop correctly (the
workaround is pretty straightforward with setting next-hop-self in the
peer group)

--
Wayne Gustavus