[nsp] PA on a 7500

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Sep 4 15:27:58 EDT 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Shawn Solomon wrote:

> It almost never works and this is all, of course, assuming you leave out
> those little pa lock-screws when you assembled it.   But hey, those are
> just accessories right?  They store nicely in the bowels of the card
> cage with the cheesy poofs and dorito bits.
>
> I wouldn't recommend the procedure unless you just have some sort of
> pent-up aggression towards the 7500 product line like I do.

We've done lots of OIR and I haven't found the 7500 to be signifigantly
less reliable at it than the 7206's.  With either one, you basically roll
the dice (assuming you're doing it properly).

On site tech: I inserted the card, but the 7206 won't recognize it.
Me: remove the card and insert it properly.
repeat a few times...about the 4th time, the card comes up.

I strongly recommend having a notebook or other PC hooked up to the
console when doing OIR, so you find out as quickly as possible whether OIR
worked or you need to kill the power and reload.