[nsp] IPSEC Error on Cat6500 MSFC

Tay Chee Yong tcy at pacific.net.sg
Tue Sep 9 18:23:02 EDT 2003

Hi Matti,

Thanks for your advise.

I managed to get the error off after disabling isakmp. But strangely, we
don't encounter this error with our previous 12.1(8b)E11.

Regards,
Cheeyong

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Matti Saarinen wrote:

: Tay Chee Yong <tcy at pacific.net.sg> writes:
:
: > I am getting an IPSEC error on my msfc running Version 12.1(8b)E14, when
: > there is no IPSEC configuration on it.
: >
: > Sep  7 00:05:17 router1.domain.com 1460: Sep  7 00:05:16:
: > %CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE: Processing of Main mode
: > failed
:
:      I've seen these, too, after the we uograded the MSFC to an image
:      that has SSH support and SSH was switched on. I managed to get
:      rid of these messages by switching ISAKMP off.
:
:
:      msfc(config)#no crypto isakmp enable
:
:
: > Does anyone knows where does this error message comes from, and what
: > is causing this error?
:
:      I don't know the cause. I assume that when the cryptographic keys
:      are generated some cryptographic features are enabled at the same
:      time. Why the router sees the ISAKMP/IKE packets in the first
:      place or does it even see them is a completely different
:      question.
:
:      Cheers,
: