[nsp] TACACS

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Wed Sep 10 18:43:26 EDT 2003

Kevin Kincaid wrote:

>not to shoot myself in the foot or here, but we're successfully running
>Cisco ACS 3.1 on W2k.  It has held steady for the past 12-18 months.
>
>I qualify by also saying I have had many feature gripes (well, lack of
>features) and have spoken to Cisco about it on a couple occasions.

You must not be doing authorization control and using automated
procedures to download configuration files periodically.  We were doing
this with 3.1 for about 80 devices and ACS would stop authorizing any
command after just under 1 week.  Had to restart the CSTacacs service
when that happened.  Took TAC a long time to track that one down, but
they finally produced a patch.  Supposedly was integrated into 3.2, but
not sure.

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>