[nsp] Viking flash in RSP4?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Sep 14 00:04:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Ejay Hire wrote:

> These are ATA cards, so you have to call them "DiskX:" instead of
> "SlotX:".  I know these work in the 72xx/75xxs, please let me know if
> they work in the RSP4s.  This command should do what you want. "format
> disk1:"

Assuming they are flash disks, and not flash memory cards, you have to
have certain minimum level bootflash code to use them.  None of the
routers I've used CF disks in support them from ROM IOS...so for reasons
that should be obvious, you should plan to deploy these with a flash
memory card the router can fall back to if something unexpected happens to
your disk device.