[nsp] Hardware WCCP on 6500

Antoine Versini vox at t-online.fr
Wed Sep 17 21:01:47 EDT 2003

Hi.

Could someone tell me if 6500s with SUP2, PFC2 and MSFC2 running CatOS on
the Supervisor and IOS on the MSFC2 (hybrid mode) do perform the WCCP v2
redirection in hardware ? The gears run CatOS 7.1(1) and IOS 12.1(8b)E14.

Same question for the gears powered by SUP720, PFC3 and MSFC3 running
CatOS 8.1(1) on the Supervisor and IOS 12.2(14)SX2 on the MSFC3.

I've browsed through the CCO, but I found different documents
contradictoring each other. It seems to me that hardware WCCP redirection
can only be done in native mode and WCCP is software performed on the
MSFC in hybrid mode...

Thanks,
vox

--
Antoine Versini     «Tu vois, ça ne coûte pas plus cher de bien manger.»
IP Networks Project Manager / T-Online France - Club-Internet