[nsp] traffic monitor

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Fri Sep 19 17:01:02 EDT 2003

MRTG supports thresholds. You can have a script fire when the five minute
average is over a particular value.

Alternatively, Nagios (Netsaint's successor) has plugins that support the
examination of both mrtg's native log files, and rrd files. I imagine you
should be able to get those plugins to work with netstaint as well, with a
little work.

While we're on this subject, does anyone know of any monitoring software
that supports recurrent CUSUM analysis of bandwidth data? I've been
considering rolling my own since the algorithm isn't the most complex in the
world.

Sam