[nsp] HSRP 6500/SUP2

Pavan Reddy pavan at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 23 09:49:49 EDT 2003

Charles/Dale - just to clarify:

You might be able to run more than 16 distinct groups on a Sup2/MSFC2 but:
a) IOS will give you a warning
b) IOS might not let you configre the add'l groups depending on version of
code
c) if IOS does let you configure the add'l groups, packets forwarded to the
17th+ groups' HSRP mac addresses are not HW-switched.

Don't believe group names have anything to do with this limit.  If you don't
specify a standby group, you are actually using group 0.

Pavan