[nsp] number of netflow entries on cat6K w/sup2

ken lindahl lindahl at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 23 18:03:36 EDT 2003

hi Steve,

At 04:05 PM 9/23/2003, Steve Francis wrote:
>Hi ken, hope things are well...

they are, thanks. how are things with you?

>Having recently gone through similar issues with native, I also found the netflow documentation a bit sparse...
>
>This is what I came up with..(don't know if the same commands work under hybrid, but these are the native ones.):
>sho mls netflow ip count
>sho mls netflow table-contention det
>
>Also, from ian cox at cisco re similar question of mine:
>Exceeding 32k entries on Sup1A, Sup2 just means there is a higher probability a flow will not fit into the hardware table. You can check the number of packets that statistics are not being recorded for in images higher than 12.1(13)E8 or 12.1(19)E1 via:
> remote command switch show earl statis | inc NF_FULL

all of those commands are native-only, i'm afraid: they don't work
in hybrid. unfortunately, this 6K is running an RSPAN application
that won't work with native. i'm working to get the application moved
off this box, but it won't happen for awhile.

thanks,
ken