[nsp] Pix 6.3(3) and UDP issues

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Thu Sep 25 08:41:54 EDT 2003

Yup, that's correct.  I saw it more with incoming connections than
outgoing, but I didn't really spend much time sifting through the
thousands and thousands of DNS connections still open LONG after they
should have been closed. :)

The problem seemed to be specific to DNS though.  I have plenty of other
UDP connections along the way, and they don't have lingering connection
problems.  And rather than changing OS versions, I just did the no fixup
to the dns protocol and that made the problem go away (along with
clearing xlate for my DNS servers to quickly clear connections there).

So now I'm running along with about 30,000 fewer connections than
yesterday. :)

Scott