[nsp] 7609

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Sep 26 15:08:30 EDT 2003

> Is anyone using the 7609 as an MPLS VPN access box ?
> Would be interested in feedback on how its going etc.

We're using it as an MPLS PE router - aggregating Ethernet and lower
speed serial lines via channelized STM-1. Works reasonably well for us.

The connection between VLANs and VRFs is clumsy (external fiber
connection between traditional GE port and GE-WAN port), but it seems
to work okay. Sup720 should fix this when MPLS code becomes available
(not yet).

Anything more specific you want to know?

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no