[nsp] Duplex issues with 4700

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Apr 1 15:34:26 EST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:12:52PM -0500, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> I'm playing with a cisco 4700M+ with a 6 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
> card. show interface shows:

The NP-6E can only do half duplex.

> The switch reports this:
[..]
>   Keepalive not set
>   Half-duplex, 10Mb/s, 100BaseTX/FX

The switch is right.

> Is there anything I can do to fix this?

There is nothing to fix, everything is behaving as documented.

The NP-6E is how old?  9 years?  At that time, "full duplex 10 Mbit" was
pretty much never heard of.

There is a NP-2E-FDX that can do full-duplex on two ethernet ports, but it
was released much later than the NP-2E and NP-6E modules.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de