[nsp] identifying reason of increasing in router CPU load

Hroi Sigurdsson hroi at asdf.dk
Mon Apr 5 12:09:13 EDT 2004

Jing Shen wrote:

> But I don't know what's the exact meaning of 'Cat4k Mgmt LoPri' & 'Cat4k
> Mgmt HiPri', and we could not identify whether this is just the reason for
> CPU load increasing.

"The processor runs two processes, Cat4k Mgmt HiPri and Cat4k Mgmt
LoPri. These two processes share total CPU usage among other IOS
processes. The reason there are two processes is when a job on the Cat4k
platform takes longer than expected or exceeds the maximum allocated CPU
time, the job is run under Low-Priority for a period of time until its
usage is reduced, giving other (Cisco IOS) processes a chance to run."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a0080094956.shtml