[nsp] IOS for 1720, WIC-1ENET question

Bruce Pinsky bep at whack.org
Wed Apr 7 03:54:19 EDT 2004

Lukas Krattiger wrote:

| I got here a Cisco 1720 which needs to run a IPSEC IOS. Which IOS has the
| IPSEC-feature and also supports the WIC-1ENET card ?
| 12.2.(23) with IP PLUS IPSEC 3DES (c1700-k9sy-mz.122-23.bin) does not
| support it :-(

Let's start with the versions that support the 1720 with IPSEC 3DES.
According to the Feature Navigator:

12.2(23)
12.3(6)
12.1(5)T15
12.1(5)
12.3(2)T4
12.2(13)ZH
12.2(13)ZF2
12.2(13)T9
12.2(11)YV
12.2(11)YU
12.2(11)T9
12.2(8)YN
12.2(8)T8

~From there, let's look at the versions that support the WIC-1ENET.  From "
Overview of Cisco WAN and Voice Interface Cards" at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2641/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007cb95.html#wp1059629
dated March 31, 2004:

	Cisco IOS Limited Lifetime Releases
	12.1(3)XP
	12.1(3)XT 6
	12.1(5)YB 7

	First Cisco IOS T-Train Release
	12.2(4)T6
	12.2(8)T7

	First Cisco IOS Mainline Release
	12.3(1)

So, based on the intersection of those versions, you should have support on
versions:

12.2(8)T8
12.2(11)T9
12.2(13)T9