[nsp] Interface Shutdown Command

Dan Salekin dan.salekin at terago.ca
Thu Apr 8 12:37:04 EDT 2004

RE: 2950/3550

We are troubleshooting a STP issue and I was wondering if someone could take the time to explain how the shutdown interface command works?

If more than one sub-process is triggered can you please detail the processes and the order they are executed?

We have experienced cases where we have an interface that is down and we have to issue a shutdown command first and then the no shut command to re-enable the interface. Any detail regarding this topic would be appreciated.

I'm also curious about the difference between shutdown and error disable state?

If links are available with the detail, please replay with the URL.

thanks,
Dan