[nsp] DSL design validation

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Thu Apr 8 14:53:03 EDT 2004

I'm getting ready to move some of our Verizon DSL subscribers from a
Redback to a Cisco.  The catches are:
1) Verizon ins this ares provisions one PVC for each DSL aggregation
	device on their network, as opposed to one PVC per customer.
2) each PVC could potentially carry both bridged and PPPoE traffic.

Redback seems to handle this fairly well using the "bind multi" PVC
statement.  I'm working on a Cisco equivalent and currently have something
like what I've included below, using RBE.  I'm curious if other people
have implemented something similar on their network if using Ciscos for DSL
aggregation in Verizon territory.  I don't want to get into the whole "why
not just re-use the Redback" discussion for a variety of reasons :-)

Any thoughts/suggestions/criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jms

config snippit follows.

{ standard RADIUS config for PPPoE }

vpdn-group 1
 accept-dialin
  protocol pppoe
  virtual-template 1
 pppoe limit per-mac 1
!
!
interface ATM2/0
 description Verizon DSL Hub
 mac-address 0000.1234.0069
 no ip address
 ip route-cache flow
 no ip mroute-cache
 logging event subif-link-status
 load-interval 30
 atm scrambling cell-payload
 atm uni-version 4.0
 no atm auto-configuration
 atm ilmi-keepalive
 arp arpa
 arp timeout 0
!
interface ATM2/0.100 point-to-point
 description Verizon DSL - multiple PVCs
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.248.0 secondary
 ip address 172.16.128.0 255.255.252.0
 ip access-group dsl-filter-01 in
 ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx
 ip nat inside
 ip route-cache same-interface
 atm route-bridged ip
 pvc 1/301