AW: [nsp] Router for a route server/reflector?

Alexander Lucke lucke at dns-net.de
Thu Apr 15 04:00:39 EDT 2004

Hi Matthew,

we are operating a local peering point in Berlin with about 20+ peers at the
moment. There we use two cisco 72xx as route servers.

Of course they are stable and performing well but unfortunately - the
"transparent AS" feature which Arnold uses with his Zebras - is not possible
with Cisco!

And, especially if you get bigger peers who peer at multiple IXes, you will
run into problems without that feature (or they won't simply use your route
servers at all ;-)

So please don't use Cisco - or any other device which can not offer that
feature - for such an application. We also plan to migrate to Zebra in the
next months.

Regards,
Alexander Lucke

--
alexander lucke · managing director
DNS:NET internet service gmbh · ostseestrasse 111 · 10409 berlin