[nsp] bgp vulnerability?

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 16:06:54 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> > Also, the LG will have peerings with core routers, theres some suggestion that
> > the knowledge of a largely irrelevant peering session can be used to attack the
> > peer router more successfully.
>
> How, exactly?

I'm not trying to exploit it so I'm not looking at the detail here :)

I gave one idea in "Re: [nsp] bgp vulnerability, just note" .. that the LG can
be used to find out details about the iBGP setup (IPs of loopbacks, ports etc)
and you can learn a lot about a previously unknown core router...

I'm sure theres other things you can do if you spend time thinking :)

Steve