[nsp] recent SNMP vulnerability vs 12.1(13)E14

lee.e.rian at census.gov lee.e.rian at census.gov
Fri Apr 23 15:19:32 EDT 2004

I wouldn't go solely on the 'all affected versions' either.  A 'sh ip sock'
on a vulnerable router did have
 17   --listen--          10.1.3.145        162   0   0   11   0
 17   --listen--          10.1.3.145      58398   0   0   11   0
like the advisory said it would.  I didn't see anything like that on
routers running other IOS versions.

Regards,
Lee

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Kinczli Zoltán        |
|         |           <Zoltan.Kinczli at Synerg|
|         |           on.hu>                |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           cisco-nsp-bounces at puck|
|         |           .nether.net           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           04/23/2004 02:48 PM   |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       "Pete Kruckenberg" <pete at kruckenberg.com>, "Jay Young" <jay at net.ohio-state.edu>                                             |
  |       cc:       cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  RE: [nsp] recent SNMP vulnerability  vs 12.1(13)E14                                                                         |

hello,

  I'd not trust the 'all afected version' solely.
Sometimes it contains obviously contradicting data.

  I'd not leave my border router alone out there in the dark,
just based on the 'all afffected vesrion' info...

rgds
 --zoltan