[nsp] bgp/ospf interview questions ?

Sean Mathias seanm at prosolve.com
Sun Apr 25 14:23:46 EDT 2004

As no questions/answers can ever (well rarely) show a person has
practical knowledge, I eventually moved to mini-labs.  These were
nothing heavy, open-book (cisco.com) and less than 90 minutes.  They
progressed through basics such as configuring HSRP, trunks,
etherchannel, to basic OSPF/EIGRP/BGP, then BGP filtering.  You can
craft just about any scenario, to any degree of complexity relevant to
the position you are hiring for.  Let them know before they come in that
there will be a hands-on portion.  This weeds out those that it should,
and takes away any surprises.  I let them work alone (without looking
over their shoulders) and am available for questions.  This has proved
very successful for me in my hiring.

Sean Mathias
CCIE #12779
206-920-0301