[nsp] Cisco Cat3750 IPv6

Chris Roberts croberts at bongle.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 05:09:04 EDT 2004

Gert Doering wrote:

> As far as I understand, yes.  "The hardware can do it" - but the
> software to drive the hardware is just not there yet...
>
> I have also been fooled into buying one of those switches, in the
> assumption that it would do IPv6. *sigh*.

Is this the plain 3750 or the 3750 Metro? I have just evaled a 3750 Metro
but didn't check for IPv6 support. I'm worried about the fact that these
boxes which are brand new switches are only supported with 12.1(something)
software, and don't even have 12.2 and 12.2T. Seems a bit backwards for
Cisco to release a switch on a 2-3 or more year old IOS now with such a big
push towards 12.3 at the moment.

I'm also fuming that Cisco have recently modified the 26xx bundles to
include the WIC-1SHDSL-V2 instead of the WIC-1SHDSL card, seemingly without
prior notice (unless I missed an announcement somewhere). Especially
considering these cards are only supported by 12.3(4)XD1 which seems to have
numerous bugs. Very frustrating.

Cheers,
Chris.