[nsp] Cisco URL for 75xx VIP features

Steven Bertsch sbertsch at iaxs.net
Tue Apr 27 12:58:30 EDT 2004

At 01:00 AM 4/27/2004 -0700, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
>Matthew Crocker [matthew at crocker.com] wrote:
> > Does anyone have a handy URL which compares VIP2, VIP4, VIP6 feature
> > sets.  I would like to know what can be performed on the VIP in
> > software/hardware and what has to be punted up to the RSP.  Can a
> > VIP2-40 handle MPLS for example?
>
>Cisco's web site has a lot of this information.
>
>Basically, the VIP2-50 is similar to the 4-xx, but both ports are on a single
>PCI bus instead of two, so you more theoretical throughput with a 4-50 or 4-80
>instead of the 2-50... Of course you also pay somewhere between 5x-10x the

Below is a link to Cisco which contains the most concise list of distributed
services that I'm aware of -- services which the VIP mini-IOS will handle
rather than the RSP.

Specifically, see the section titled "Distributed Services."

HTML:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_tech_note09186a00800a7306.shtml

or PDF:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/63/tuning.pdf