[nsp] another counter funny

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Apr 28 04:20:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:29:14PM -0700, Benjie Ko wrote:
> Hardware is cyBus FastEthernet Interface, address is
> 00e0.fe9b.3980 (bia 00e0.fe9b.3980)
[..]
> 1295805457 packets output, 1127127281 bytes, 0
> underruns
>      0 output errors, 1586766692 collisions, 2
> interface resets

Interesting.  Collisions, but no underruns.

Are you sure that this interface did never run half-duplex for some time?

(I'm asking because that could explain the collisions - in my case, I'm
sure that those interfaces have been manually configured to full-duplex
before the last reboot, *and* the collision counters are increasing
every now and then - which "can not happen").

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de