[nsp] another counter funny

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Apr 28 12:08:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 08:58:36AM -0700, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:
> I didn't have the time or motivation to open a CSI investigation into
> interface counters.  I offer this observation to try to help you diagnose
> this phenomenon, as many others on this list have helped me tremendously in
> the past.

Thanks for that.  I am still convinced that a switch or router that is setup
to full-duplex *can not* detect collisions (but if I'm wrong, I'd like
to hear about it, with some technical data to explain it).

The phenomenom I am observing is something unrelated to your duplex
mismatch effect - both ends are definitely set to full-duplex, and it's
definitely one of the other counters ending up in the wrong variable.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de