[nsp] RE: Re: another counter funny

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Apr 29 12:50:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:30:03AM -0400, Martin Wills wrote:
> If the 2x interfaces are set to F.duplex, & the collision counters are
> increasing-  I'd suspect there's a hardware or software failure.  I might
> suggest you verify any known-issues in the version of firmware that's
> running on the platform(s) & upgrade the code if necessary (if possible- go
> w/a mainline ver. that's known-stable).  If there does not exist any known
> issues w/your existing ver. of OS-  I'd be led to believe that there is a
> hardware failure-  RMA time.

Maybe I should mention that "finding Cisco counter funnies" seems to have
developed into a hobby of mine.

The hardware is definitely OK, and we're running recent IOS.  Older IOS
versions does not have *this* counter funny... :-)

(And please do not quote a full 300-lines long digest posting to add some
text on top)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de