[nsp] High CPU question (update)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Apr 30 15:57:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:22:35PM -0700, Bryan wrote:
> I've turned off route-cache flow and added CEF to all interfaces instead
> with marginal improvement.  If I remove Cache switching all together the
> cpu goes up about 15% from previous so i dont think there are that many
> unique source/dest pairs.

The interesting thing about CEF is that it's not a "cache".  So you *want*
CEF, always :-)

Now the other interesting question is "what are those people doing with
all those packets to wildly varying destinations"?  If it's something like
"SQL slammer spewing packets like mad" (or any other famous worm), you
want that to stop anyway...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de