[c-nsp] PPP Multilink Question.

James Galliford JamesG at corp.ptd.net
Mon Aug 2 14:24:23 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I recently was given the assignment of looking into PPP multilink to
bundle 4 T-1 circuits together that go from point A to point B.  The
multilink worked beautifully except for one factor.  Any packets
crossing the bundle would be process switched.  I also found that I
could enable CEF on the bundle, but as a side effect any traffic that
passed over the bundle would drop every other packet.

We've seen this issue before on cable routers running telco-return where
enabling CEF would also cause a situation where every other packet was
dropped to a telco-return device but that was fixed sometime ago.

Does anyone know of an IOS version that can do multilink non-process
switched but does not have the same strange bug that we are seeing with
enabling CEF?

Thanks.