[c-nsp] Linerate 100mb on 7204 NPE-225?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Aug 2 16:33:52 EDT 2004

What's the average packet size?

That is what determines the packet rate for a
given throughput.  And since you are going
to routing in/out the same interface your
performance will be less then if it were
being spread on multiple interfaces.

7301 is a 1RU box that's based on a NPEG1
processor so it's not a lot of rack space.

Rodney