[c-nsp] pre cloning question

Clayton Zekelman clayton at mnsi.net
Mon Aug 2 23:09:52 EDT 2004

I was under the impression that pre cloning was no longer much help if your virtual-template supported sub interfaces.

Originally we had issues with pre cloning on earlier IOS releases (some sort of issue where if a session ended in a particular way, the next session getting that virtual-template wouldn't forward packets).

In later releases, it appeared to work properly, but I never did like the performance hit it caused after a reload.

Typically though, I would pre clone around 1000 interfaces on a 6400 NRP-1, as thats about the number of sessions we can comfortably support per card.

What platform are you using?