[c-nsp] ATM IMA Overhead....

Richmond, Jeff (ELI) jeff_richmond at eli.net
Thu Aug 5 18:13:24 EDT 2004

Regarding IMA specifically, your typical IMA overhead is very small and
depends on the Frame Length. The average ranges from .4% to 3.2% (32, 64,
128 and 256 - not sure what values Cisco supports, but 128 is the most
common, and that is just under 1%). The smaller the frame Length, the
quicker the response to changes, but the more overhead, and vice versa. This
is in addition to the normal ATM overhead, so keep that in mind.

regards,
-Jeff