[c-nsp] Re: BGP convergence with jumbo frames

Pete Kruckenberg pete at kruckenberg.com
Fri Aug 6 15:39:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	Increase the input hold queues on the interfaces the packets
> will arrive on and you'll see less retransmits, and faster
> convergence.

Tried adjusting input hold queues from 75 to 500 and then to
4096, no difference.

Just in case, also tried the output hold queues, also no
difference.

At default 75, there are no input or output drops.

BTW, there is nothing else on these connections/interfaces,
so I know that whatever is going on has to be specific to
BGP.

Hence my suspicion that this is something with the
processing (creation) of large-frame confederation eBGP
updates.

Pete.