[c-nsp] pecular AS5300

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Mon Aug 9 12:49:53 EDT 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 06:41, Jichen Thinley wrote:
> Hi

Hello.

> We have AS5300 using IOS Image c5300-ik9s-mz.123-9  with mica modems
> usingmica-modem-pw.2.9.4.0.

2.9.5.0 has actually been around since January, but it's no big deal.

> These AS5300 are used to provide V.92 Dial
> services.

Do you actually have this modulation configured on your async lines?

> We also have Telco Transmission system called DRMASS
> (DigitalRadio Multiple Access Subscriber System) from NEC, Japan in
> various locations of the country.

Sounds like wireless.

> When customers dials to AS5300 from
> DRMASS system they can connect only at 2400bits/second,...

This could be because of the wireless. We once received connectivity from a
wireless provider who were only able to provision voice circuits to customers
on wireless, at the time. When they tried to dial-up to us through the
wireless provider (who provisioned a PRI E-1 to our AS5300) or interconnected
to the ILEC (who run copper/fibre) they always connected at no more than
14.4Kbps - and yet these wireless connections were also able to provide
128Kbps synchronous connectivity.

After the wireless provider installed fibre around the city, users on their
network could now access our NAS at up to 52Kbps, even when switching through
the ILEC.

So, you may want to investigate the maximum async throughput of the DRMASS you
mention.

> Same customers
> when they dial the analog modems they can easily connect at
> 28-30Kbps/sec.

If the land lines are excellent, you should be able to go, at least, beyond
38.4Kbps. If lines are good but you still can't, then you might not have
applied the v.92 (or v.90) modulation strings onto the async lines on the
AS5300. Without that application, you will always remain in v.34 modulation,
which I think is the default, and is good for only 33.6Kbps (well, with the
IOS I tested anyway).

> What could be the problems??

Perhaps you want to paste your config.

Mark.