[c-nsp] PVLAN and Port Security on Cat6500

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubens at email.com
Mon Aug 9 18:38:28 EDT 2004

Hi all.

I'm trying to configure a port to be a pvlan port with port security, but the switch(Cat 6500, Sup 720, IOS 12.2SX) is refusing the configuration. If port-security is enabled prior to entering a "switchport mode private-vlan host", it complains about port security. If private-vlan host is configured and then one tries to apply port security to it, it complains that the port is not an access port.

I've found no mention on configuration guides or release notes that this mix (pvlan and port security) is not supported... any ideas ?

Tks,
Rubens