[c-nsp] Cisco 2950 LRE switches

Timothy.Hall at alltel.com Timothy.Hall at alltel.com
Tue Aug 10 12:04:22 EDT 2004

LRE solutions are typically some VDSL variant. I have never seen any Cisco documentation showing that LRE is T1.417 compliant (Spectrum Management for Loop Transmission Systems). If it is not, I doubt any LEC would put that technology in their copper infrastructure. LRE platforms are typically installed inside buildings that do not have Cat-5 cabling available. The reach is only about 4-5Kft, so installing in a CO won't buy you much anyway.

tim