[c-nsp] 6500 vs 7600

rwcrowe at comcast.net rwcrowe at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 09:24:01 EDT 2004

Hello,
     Looking at the 6500 series and 7600 series, I was wondering if there are any major technical differences ? They seem to use pretty much the same chassis and modules, with the exception of the 7600 being NEBS chassis and offering a wider variety of optical modules. The also seem to use the same architecture as far as the guts inside the chassis. I know marketing wise that Cisco is aiming the 6500 series towards Enterprise level networks and the 7600 towards the Service Provider market.  Are there any current or future major differences ? Thanks.
--
Rob Crowe
rwcrowe at comcast.net