[c-nsp] MED on vpnv4 routes

Timothy.Hall at alltel.com Timothy.Hall at alltel.com
Wed Aug 11 17:20:38 EDT 2004

We are having a problem with some lab testing. We set up two AS's doing interprovider VPN, each AS has two ASBR's. The ASBR's are set up with ebgp advertising only the vpnv4 routes. We set the MED for the routes so that we would know which inter-AS link traffic would take. One border router is an M-series, the other is a GSR. Problem is the GSR is not sending the vpn routes with the MED set. The debug ip bgp update output shows that the MED is set and the router thinks it is advertising properly, however the other side does not indicate that it is receiving the MED attribute. Also, it doesn'ty matter whether the receiving router is an M-series or a Cisco router. Problem occurs in both cases.

GSR is running 12.0(27)S2.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.