[c-nsp] BGP Config

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Fri Aug 13 11:22:49 EDT 2004

info at beprojects.com wrote:

>OK, I'm having a brain freeze at the moment and can't figure out why this
>won't work.  I want to filter all incoming routes from a bgp neighbor and I
>swear I've used this in the past.  Does this look right, or am I missing
>something (I cut out all of the non-useful info).
>

>router bgp 1234
>  neighbor 1.1.1.1 route-map DenyAll in
>
>ip access-list extended DENYALL
> deny   ip any any
>
>route-map DenyAll permit 10
> match ip address DENYALL

You are telling the route map branch to match against something that
will never match.  You are also telling it to 'permit' on that branch.
Try this instead:

route-map DenyAll deny 10
 match ip address ANY

ip access-list extended ANY
 permit ip any any

Or, use an as-path filter list and match .*

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC