[c-nsp] MSTP +STP

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Tue Aug 17 12:19:01 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm new in MSTP, I need to use MSTP because we are going to use more than 128 vlans and STP is not enough,
my question is: I need to make interact switches cisco and switches non cisco, in switches cisco I'll use MSTP
but in switches non cisco I need to use STP and pass some vlans.

The idea is the next:

-------------------------------                     ------------------------------
| switch non cisco I  |    ------------     | switch non cisco II |
-------------------------------                     ------------------------------

            |                STP                        |

-------------------------                     ------------------------
| switch cisco I  |    ------------     | switch cisco II |
-------------------------                     ------------------------
            |                 MSTP                |
| switch cisco III |    -------------    | switch cisco IV |

Is it posible???

Where I can find an example???

I have read that if I want to comunicate vlans between MST and STP I need to use IST instance,
in my case I need to use STP the range of vlans 201 to 300. Is it right???

Thanks for your help

Alexandra Alvarado