[c-nsp] Wanted: Picture of working 7609 - Reward if found

Carlson Per Per.Carlson at banetele.com
Thu Aug 19 05:25:14 EDT 2004

> Which part of the network are you using the box for? Core/access?

We are using them as PE-routers in a MPLS VPN-network.

Speaking of the 7600, I did an check to see what parts that had
to be replaced if upgrading to Sup720-3BXL. To my disappointment,
to get PCF3B functionality (e.g. MPLS), some linecards must be
replaced. If you boot the box with a certain hardware, it
will just run in PFC3A-mode... This is according the release notes
for 12.2SX:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.ht
(the sections for PFC and DFC).

For example, we do have some WS-X6816-GBIC with DFC. To be able to
use them, we must upgrade the DFC to DFC3A, but boom, then it can't
function as an PE-router. Argh!

Per