[c-nsp] Flash card weirdness 123-8T

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Mon Aug 23 18:17:39 EDT 2004

I went to reload a router running c7200-js-mz.123-8.T.bin as it proved buggy
for me, PPP keepalives
were failing for PPPoA. I wrote the new IOS (a12-2T) to the Flash card, it
assumed the #1 position on the flash card.
I then wrote out the running config, just to be on the safe side. I don't
load the config off of the flash card but keep a back up
there, just in case. I have done this hundreds of times and did not notice
c7200-js-mz.123-8.T.bin file moved to position #2
and the running config (last file written) was now in position #1. Is this a
new "feature" or a bug ?

--
James H. Edwards
Routing and Security Administrator