[c-nsp] Netflow export from 6500 w/sup-720

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Mon Aug 23 20:39:00 EDT 2004

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Nicolaj Ottsen wrote:
>

>>>do you have ip route-cache flow enabled on all interfaces?
>>
>>No only interfaces from where I want to collect netflow
>

> this will only enable netflow to flows coming in on the specified interfaces
> (not out), to capture outbound flows you need to enable it on all the interfaces
> that these flows would come in (ie all the others).... are you only after
> inbound?
>
> Steve

Small note:

On the supervisor 720, when you do 'ip route-cache flow' (or ip flow
ingress) on one interface, you get netflow exports from all interfaces,
whether you want them or not (is this the same on the sup2?).  To be
able to selectively configure this is supposed to be coming RSN.  This
is in Native IOS, btw.  This may not include CWAN interfaces (but I
can't remember to be sure).

Also, sampling doesn't help your Netflow TCAM usage on the box itself,
since it's only the exports which are sampled, rather than the table
populations.

I'd be interested to know if there's anyone using the Sup720 (pfc3a or
3b?) netflow for billing, on a production network (and, I must admit,
surprised).

cheers,
andrew