[c-nsp] max number of iBGP sessions

Annu Roopa annu_roopa at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 10:47:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I think the number depends more on the numbers of routes it will handle and the memory
u have on the box (and memory free). I have see using 20 with a reasonable # of routes
to be a good start.

It is better to start with RRs than Confedrations.If there is going to be growth in the
network then RR will be a scalable solution and try to ensure that RR is not in the
forwarding plane.

HTH. Anyone with better exp may add.

Annu.

Nic McCartney <nic at gblx.net> wrote:
Dear All,

Is there a rule of thumb for the maximum number of
iBGP session before you should start to think about
RR's and Confederations?

I have Cisco 10008's with PRE-1's running 12.0(25)S1

Thanks,

Nic

Thanks in advance for ur time and replies.
Annu.