[c-nsp] BGP Balanced

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Aug 24 14:47:24 EDT 2004

It's really not per prefix.  It's the src/dst
hash so it's per flow (where flow in this context
is the src/dst ip addresses....no ports are included
for software based forwarding).

I've seen equal cost paths on internet gateways
with the default hashing run very very close
to 50/50 split.

I would try that first and see how it does.

He can do it with EBGP-multihop or via static
routes of equal cost.

MLPPP is also a very good option if the provider
would do it and routers on both sides can do
a 6Mbps bundle of 3E1's.  I like that option the
best for simplicity personally.

I only recommend per packet as a last resort.

Rodney