[c-nsp] POS Controller pointers thresholds

Yasser Aly yasser.aly at noorgroup.net
Wed Aug 25 04:23:38 EDT 2004

Hello,

  I have a new 45M circuit running over POS interface. My problem with this
circuit is that the POS controllers counters named " PSE & NEWPTR " are
counting heavily.
The circuit payload is not affected - at least this appears to me - but I
just wanted to confirm from others who have similar circuits whether it is
normal or not to have these counters counting heavily.  I have another
similar circuit that never counts any pointers adjustment.

Below is a capture from the controller output and any feedback is highly
appreciated.

Router-7513#sh controllers pos 10/0/0
POS10/0/0
SECTION
  LOF = 0          LOS    = 0                            BIP(B1) = 0
LINE
  AIS = 0          RDI    = 0          FEBE = 0          BIP(B2) = 0
PATH
  AIS = 0          RDI    = 0          FEBE = 0          BIP(B3) = 0
  PLM = 0          UNEQ = 0
  LOP = 0          NEWPTR = 653        PSE  = 1135       NSE     = 0

Active Defects: None
Active Alarms:  None
Alarm reporting enabled for: SF SLOS SLOF B1-TCA B2-TCA PLOP B3-TCA

APS
  COAPS = 0          PSBF = 0
  State: PSBF_state = False
  Rx(K1/K2): FF/FF  Tx(K1/K2): 00/00
  S1S0 = 02, C2 = CF
CLOCK RECOVERY
  RDOOL = 0
  State: RDOOL_state = False
PATH TRACE BUFFER: STABLE
    Remote Rx(K1/K2): .c/jr  Tx(K1/K2): 01/.n

BER thresholds:  SF = 10e-3  SD = 10e-6
TCA thresholds:  B1 = 10e-6  B2 = 10e-6  B3 = 10e-6

  Clock source:  line