[c-nsp] IPv6

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Thu Aug 26 09:55:46 EDT 2004

Bernhard Schmidt writes:
> It doesn't look that good on switching platforms. The only platform
> supporting IPv6 by now is the 6500 Sup720. The IOS (12.2SXD?) is
> said to be a little bit buggy, but apparently it works most of the
> time.

We have been using IPv6 on Catalyst 6500/7600 OSR with Sup720
(hardware-switched) and on Sup2 (MSFC-switched) for a couple of month
on our entire backbone without any specific problems (except one
related to neighbor discovery and throttling, that is supposed to be
fixed in newer code).  We mostly use 12.2(17d)SXB.

> The hardware of the Catalyst 3750 is advertised to be ready for
> IPv6, but there is no software yet.

Correct.
--
Simon.