[c-nsp] OSPF Route

rwcrowe at comcast.net rwcrowe at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 08:57:23 EDT 2004

Just to clarify Annu, my question was a router inside an area is recieving a default route from 2 ABR's, and many intra-area routes from the same 2 ABR's. Therefore it has multiple equal cost paths to some intra-area routes and the default route. My question was: What would be the determining factor on what route it uses as there is equal cost to get to both ABR's and to some intra area routes and the default.
I think Jeff answered the question.

--
Rob Crowe
rwcrowe at comcast.net

Robert,
If u are saying one is defualt and one is Inter-area then it will check to see if the router has a inter-area route for the Dest prefix and if does it will use the inter-area route else the Defualt route.
If there are 2 inter area routes from same ABR the way i remember it is, the the route which is having lower intra-area cost to ABR would be used.
U could have sub optimal routing in such cases.
Hope i have got ur Q right.
Annu.

Robert Crowe wrote:
Given this situation what would be the determining factor on what route to
use:

A router inside and area is receiving routes from 2 ABR's, equal cost and
installing them in the route table. This includes inter-area and default
routes. What would be the determining factor on which one to use? Lowest
RID? Interface switching method ?

rwcrowe at comcast.net